Sunday, May 23, 2010

Radical-1

Disclaimer:  This is a little heavy, but where I'm at.


God was really speaking to me today.  During worship this morning He confronted me with a question that has been on my mind the past few days....do you believe what you say you believe?  


I have been reading a new book that takes a "radical" look at how we should respond to who Jesus is.  Do we really believe that Jesus is so good and satisfying that we would leave everything and everyone to obey him?  Do we really believe he is all we need?  


I sang it this morning in "Healer", but do I really believe it?  It is so hard to think about.  Would Jesus be enough for me if I lost everything?  There are somethings I know I could make it through, but there are others on which I NEVER let my mind stay very long.  


Would Jesus be enough for me if I lost David?  


As I am writing this my throat is closing up and my eyes are burning.  Just the smallest thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.  I want the answer to be yes, Jesus would be enough for me.  How can I be sure though?  


Jesus told me this morning that if I want to be sure, if I want to live radically for only Him, I have to draw closer and just like Pastor was saying, I HAVE to put him before David in all areas.  I have to speak out what I believe and then live it out every day.  I have to walk in radical obedience to Him.


Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'  Matthew 7: 21-23


This is my prayer-create in me a new heart that is radically and only for You.  

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, Sarah. You are so right, and we all need to hear this everyday.

    ReplyDelete