Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My First Time

Today I had my first full force coupon shopping experience. I have been motivated by some of you wonderful ladies to start the savings. I searched, clipped, and studied for several days. I made my lists and organized my coupons and finally I was ready to shop!

I hit CVS, Winn-Dixie, and Publix. It took me a little more time than I thought, but I have to admit I had a pretty good time. It was great "me" time!

I got body wash and shampoo to last until Christmas, toothpaste for months, make-up, razors for the summer, deodorants, pizzas, ice cream, lots of pasta and sauce, chicken, lots of tortillas, taco dinners, 10 boxes of Pasta-Roni, string cheese, strawberries, grapes, bananas, Organic milk, Nutri-Grain bars, and 5 cases of Coke for under $200.00. I saved $163 on $350 worth of groceries and stuff we needed or will need. Even better, no bargain brands-not that there is anything wrong with those. It was all the good stuff.

Not bad for my first time, I think. So, how did I do ladies?

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you did good. And the thing is, the more you do it, the better you'll get. It can get addicting! Sometimes I'll buy stuff I don't even need ... cause it's so cheap ... so I'll give it to the church pantry!
    If you don't already follow www.frugalfairhope.com you should. She gives update on deals all the time.
    Lists are great. It keeps me focused on what I'm going in to the store to find!
    Keep up the awesome savings. I've blown our whole "couponing" to heck this week .... we're at Disney!

    ReplyDelete