Sunday, May 2, 2010

God Knows

A miracle happened this week. A most precious baby girl was born. She is perfect in every way and the apple of her family's eye. God fulfilled the desire of my friends heart and gave her the daughter she has always wanted. I don't know how you can see a newborn baby and deny that God exists or that He is in control.

I have loved seeing her and holding her and watching her mommy dress her up in dresses and bows. Most of all, I love seeing her moms eyes light up with that amazing realization of what God has given her.

It has been a little bittersweet though. It makes my desire that much stronger, my struggle that much more acute.

So I have chosen to let my own eyes light up realizing what God has given me. Even though my heart is aching, I cannot deny how God has blessed me. I know He has much more in store for me.

God reassured me today, believe it or not, through Elton John. I heard the song "Blessed" and I knew that God was speaking to me-don't give up hope, blessing is coming.

David and I have had the name Asher picked out for our first son for quite a while. It means blessed and happy. God knows.

God speaks to different people in different ways. God often speaks to me through music, but never before Elton John. Whatever works!

Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you . Joshua 3:5



1 comment:

  1. I was blessed by this post sara!

    I needed that too.... "God Knows"

    ReplyDelete