Friday, March 5, 2010

Sweet Reminder

Today my students performed their Kindergarten play. They were lions-Kings of the Jungle. They were so cute in their paper plate masks, crowns, and painted on whiskers! As they were sitting up on the stage singing and doing their best...I was reminded why I LOVE my job.

The past two weeks have been pretty torturous! Practicing for a play with around 80 five year olds in MADNESS! Trying to get them to sit still for an hour of practice, learn when to go onto and off of the stage, and say their lines into a microphone is a monumental task. Every practice was grueling!

But today, they were awesome! Did they remember all their lines? No way! Did they keep their eyes on the teacher, sit tall, and sing loud? Sometimes. But they were so good and even if they weren't, the look on their faces and their parents faces made all the pain of practice worth it! It is the same feeling when all the work and time and effort pays off at the end of the year when those kiddos move on to 1st grade.

God has placed me in a most important position. What an honor to be the first "teacher" experience for these precious children. Most people remember their Kindergarten teachers forever and I want to be the kind that made them love school and learning and that ALWAYS made them feel loved!

Don't get me wrong, it's not always easy and there have been days when I wish I would have done things differently! It is my job to teach, mold, guide, and love EVERY child God has placed in my path, no matter how difficult they make my day or how useless I feel my influence is on them!

Today God reminded me of the precious job I have and that no matter what is happening in the world and around these kids, I have to be the light of Christ for these kids! He reminded me of the payoff for all the work!

EVEN IF I KNEW THAT TOMORROW THE WORLD WOULD GO TO PIECES, I WOULD STILL PLANT MY APPLE TREE. Martin Luther




No comments:

Post a Comment