Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm gonna need another box...

This Sunday we are doing cardboard testimonials for the Easter services. I'm sure you have seen them and if not just type it into youtube and you'll get a bunch of hits. The basic idea is to display something that had been a struggle for you in life on one side and on the other side you show how God has changed that struggle into good for His glory. So I was thinking about what I would put on my piece of cardboard and realized I would need several boxes. God has changed me so much I don't know how I could narrow it down to one thing. So what better way to glorify God than to tell the many ways he has changed me! Here we go!

overwhelmed by guilt from my past ---FORGIVEN

lonely from giving myself to meaningless relationships--COMPLETELY LOVED BY GIVING MYSELF CHRIST

fearful---SECURE IN HIS PROMISES

stressed from relying only on myself---AT PEACE FROM PUTTING ALL MY TRUST IN GOD

felt like I didn't belong---ADOPTED IN AS A CHILD OF GOD

not good enough to be used by God----CONFIDENT IN HIS CALLING ON MY LIFE

angry---JOYFUL

consumed with grief---FULL OF HOPE

have no children of our own---GOD BLESSED US WITH 100'S OF KIDS AND YOUTH

Those are just a few and right now I am on the up-hill side of yet another testimony.

inconsistent and shallow prayers because of disappointment--????????

My goal is to pray everyday for the true desires of my heart-even if it hurts, even if it takes a lifetime. I am trusting God to meet me where I am and can't wait to see the testimony.

What's your "cardboard testimony"?

1 comment: