Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rehearsal Starts Today

I listened to a great audio blog today at www.stevenfurtick.com that really stirred something in my heart. He said we should "rehearse the blessing of ministry, not nurse the curse".

The past almost 3 years have been a blur. Things seem to happen at such a fast pace it's hard to keep up sometimes. Life has become completely different than anything I ever imagined. Yes, things have been hard and I have felt stretched further than Gumby at times, but what a BLESSING it has been. I'm not going to nurse the curse of our calling, I'm going to rehearse the blessings that come with this amazing calling. I am going to have an attitude of gratitude that I get to have a first hand part in ministry. My husband is not working at a job he hates feeling like he is making no eternal impact. He has a job that he LOVES and is passionate about.

I love my job too and feel passionate about teaching, but sometimes I wish I could be more involved. I sometimes wish I could be there full time to work on ministry with David, because I know that these kids and teens are at a critical stage and that they are our future. I know that the part I do play is a blessing straight from God and so I will give it my all and be quick to rehearse the blessings of being in ministry has brought me.

I am blessed by being in ministry because...

-I get to see peoples lives changed for eternity!

-I get to go to places and minister to people I would never be able to otherwise.

-I know LOTS of people who are almost always willing to lend a helping hand with
whatever I need.

-I have a husband who commits a LOT of time to serving God, worshiping God,
praying to God, and studying His word everyday, which provides me with an
amazing covering and a husband who is leading our marriage with the direct
instruction of Christ.

-I get to influence the lives of young kids and teenagers and watch them grow.

-I get to use all the things I thought would never let me be used for Christ, to help
and minister to people.

-I get to dress up, play games, decorate, go out, have parties, ride crazy roller
coasters, and laugh until I can't breath because it is my job!

-I have more "children" than I ever thought I would!

-I get lessons on leadership daily though situations.

-I have lots of people praying for me.

-I am being molded into the image of Christ and made into the ultimate version of
me one day at a time!

It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some t be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Hebrews 4:11-13

1 comment:

  1. Listened to PF and Holly last night too. Great reminders of why we're in this thing. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete