Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not My Type

I have to admit, I love reading blogs, but I have never been much of a writer. The thought of putting my thoughts, feelings, and revelations in writing makes me want clean the entire house from top to bottom, till up my yard and lay sod, and get a sudden urge to learn everything about car engines. I want to do anything to avoid exposing myself-even if it is only in a journal kept under lock and key between the mattresses. Crazy, right?

I have learned a lot over the past 4 years about the importance of NOT keeping myself guarded. How can God use me and the things he has taught me if I never let anyone really know me? I am still learning how to do this and am by no means as open with my life as I would like to be. Learning to show people the side of me that feels pain and hurt is SO hard. I don't like it-it is uncomfortable! But, I know that when I have had people open up to me and show me their pain and hurt it has made me feel that I'm not alone. I hate that feeling-it is the worst trick in the book! I don't want you to feel alone, because the truth is you are never alone if you have God's Holy Spirit living in you!

So, I am going to open myself up for you and for me. Whether my writings are joyful, sorrowful, rants, raves, inspirational, or confrontational...I want to be open and I want you to know that you are not alone! If no one else will stand by you, I will.

As you may know, or can see from this blog, I love apples! Well, not eating them raw, I'm allergic. But, I love the way they look on trees, in a bowl on my kitchen table, in the big barrels at the farmers market. I love the way they smell-sweet and tart! I love the smooth feel of their skin and the gritty juiciness of their flesh. I love the amazing health benefits locked inside them! They are one of God's greatest creations and He uses them to show His glory to me.

My favorite thing about apples is the story of Johnny Appleseed. He walked across 100, 000 square miles, barefoot, planting apple trees that provided food and livelihood for many generations of settlers. He faced many obstacles and trial along the way. It was not an easy trip! That is what I want to do in my own way. I want to walk the road God has before me, barefoot, baring my heart while planting His seeds to provide His food and His sustenance for many generations. I will surely have bumps, bruises, blisters, and cuts along the way. I have faced and will face trials and mountains I don't know how to move,but God will-and the fruit will be well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I know you have a lot to share and can't wait to hear it!

    ReplyDelete