Monday, February 22, 2010

Apple a Day

Today was a great day! After work one of my best friends let me live vicariously through her, yet again. As many of you know David and I have been trying to have a baby for 3 years now. We have suffered lots of heartache and disappointment, but are believing that God has a perfect will for our family. That said, this friend has been like my apple a day-keeping the doctor away. Without her, I'm not sure I would have made it through the past year without paying to see a psychiatrist.

She is beautifully pregnant with her first baby girl after 3 boys! I'm still not sure she really believes it's a girl. She let me be there with her when she found out that it was girl, when she picked out the bedding, and today when we put the crib, swing, car seat, and pack-n-play together. We were busy girls! Everything is pink and beautiful!

Even though I wasn't putting this all together for my baby, just getting to be a part of it heals a little place in my heart. Just having someone include me in their miracle, instead of avoid even mentioning it to me, makes me feel like I'm not an outsider in a world full of mommies.

God has blessed me with amazing friends, who show me that I am not alone. So here is my response to God's faithfulness in my life- God, who needs to know they are not alone, that they fit in the body of Christ? Who in my life do I need to work on including? Who seems like they are struggling to fit in or feeling isolated? Let me see with your eyes!

"I know I'm filled to be emptied again. The seed I've received I will sow." Hillsong

1 comment:

  1. When I read this blog it makes me think of what a amazing and strong women you are. I am so blessed to have you in my sons life and hope you know what a impact you have made on him. I know you will be a incredible mom one day but hope you realize how special you are in so many different ways to so many children. Thank you for being you. God has blessed us by bringing you into our lives. You are a precious gift to our children!

    ReplyDelete