Monday, November 1, 2010

Spread the Word

Psalm 40: 1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, 
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feel upon a rock,
And established my steps.
He has put a new song in my mouth-
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.

Reading this familiar passage last night, I felt a warmth come over me.  It is so good to remember what God has done; what He has brought me from and what he is bringing me through.  But last night, it was the last two lines that really had me in awe.  It's not just about what God has done in my life, it is about how He will work in the lives of others through what He has done in my life.  This is the miraculous way in which God works but it relies on our obedience.  I have begun praying this scripture over my life and asking the Holy Spirit to lead me to always be obedient to His calling, so that not only will my faith be built up, but the faith of many.    

No comments:

Post a Comment